Brassland is always looking for qualified interns with a strong interest in the music industry. Our interns gain first hand experience in the label side of things with the possibility of experience in publishing and management.
All positions are unpaid.
Must live in the greater New York area for the duration of internship.
Must be available for at least two full days a week
Must be in at least junior year of college
Submit resume AND cover letter to glenn AT brassland DOT org with the subject line: I WANT TO BE AN INTERN OR HELPER PERSON! (______ season):
Spring Internship: Jan mid May
Resume submissions due December 1
Summer Internship: mid May late Aug
Resume submissions due April 1
Fall Internship: Sept Dec
Resume submissions due August 1
- Your top 5 all time favorite records
- 5 most recent concerts attended
- A favorite or funniest YouTube video
(Don't worry - we won't judge you...much.)
- Duties vary based on your expertise (writing, programming, etc.). It will almost definitely include packing vinyl and CDs and updating websites.
- Previous interns have gone on to bright futures as employees and freelancers here & at other music-related companies
Demonstrate your genius in (1) blogging, (2) Soundcloud, (3) Bandcamp, (4) Flickr, (5) YouTube, (6) Tumblr, (7) MyShopify or (8) some crazy internet thing we've never heard of. (Nothing dirty, please.)
If you can do all that, you're hired!