Alec Hanley Bemis consulted on the 2018 edition of this free, outdoor festival thrown by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation in Athens, Greece. He acted as an artistic advisor, co-curating a line-up that included Animal Collective, John Cale, Lianne La Havas, Bongeziwe Mabandla, a memorial performance of Jóhann Jóhannsson's 'Drone Mass.' All shows took place at the Stavros Niarchos Cultural Center which the foundation built in Athens and donated to the Greek state.
• Jorge Mário da Silva aka Seu Jorge performing the songs of David Bowie
• John Cale
• Alexi Murdoch & Lianne La Havas (two artists of Greek heritage performing in the country for the first time)
• Animal Collective (performing 'Sung Tongs')
• Greek artists StereoNova, Onirama & Anna Vissi / Άννα Βίσση
Presentations on other stages & halls included:
• a memorial performance of Jóhann Jóhannsson's 'Drone Mass' feat. Theatre of Voices & ACME (American Contemporary Music Ensemble)
• Kronos Quartet w/ Sam Green
• Simone Dinnerstein performing Bach's Goldberg Variations
• Yasmine Hamdan
• Bongeziwe Mabandla
• The Barr Brothers
• This Is The Kit
• ACME will also perform their own set including pieces by Laurie Spiegel & John Cage
• Dame Evelyn Glennie
• Willie Mae Rock Camp for Girls
• Achilleas Wastor - Αχιλλέας Γουάστωρ, Cliff Almond & Panagiotis Andreou performing Vivaldi's 'The Four Seasons'
Late night DJ sets by
• Otim Alpha
• Sounds of Sisso (feat Bampa Pana & =MC Makavelli)
• Kampire - DJ
More info at: https://www.snfestival.org/en/
The 2019 edition also included a number of artists from our circle — Bryce Dessner's “Triptych (Eyes for One on Another),” So Percussion performing his "Music for Wood & Strings" and Stargaze.